Monday, May 29, 2006

Music to the Ears

One of our correspondents is looking for help sharing his music collection of Irish songs. His e-mail is quoted in full.

Patricia Jameson-Sammartano,
WGT Culture Editor

From: James T. Curran [mailto:jtcgen@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:22 PM
To: info@garmedia.com
Subject: How Do I Do It?


I have an unusual problem I hope you can help me with. I have an
extensive collection of Irish music. Roughly 900 albums collected over the last 30 years. I am breaking up the collection and would like to donate it to some Irish organization or someone who would make it available to a wider audience. The only request is that whoever gets has to pay the shipping. It would be nice, but not a requirement if I could deduct the donation from my taxes. I have tried several local organizations and can not even get my calls returned.

Can you help me in any way to find an organization that can use and
would deserve such a library of music? I would be most appreciative for any help you can give me.

James T. Curran (AKA Seamus Tighearnagh Corrain)
1529 Denniston Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15217

(412) 422-8076

No comments: